Re-app school list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmoonp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

As the title suggests, I will be a re-applicant this cycle! I applied last cycle as a Canadian with moderate stats and unsurprisingly had little success- I'll spare the gritty details. ANYWAYS- I am now a US permanent resident and I will be considered like everyone else- yay! I'm a US grad, 3.48s/3.69c GPA with a big upwards trend. 511 MCAT (127/130/126/128). Several good recs, a couple thousand clinical hours, decent non clinical hours, lots of volunteering from college but haven't done much in this gap year. Unique activities and strong new personal statement. Did a year of non-science research in college and just started some scientific research earlier this year but covid has halted it. What are my possible chances and if anyone has any advice for a possible school list I would really appreciate it! I'll be a reapp to several schools this year including a few in-state ones (FL). I'd prefer to be on the east coast but I will take an MD acceptance wherever I can get one!

Additionally, with my stats do you think I need to apply DO? Don't have any DO shadowing/recs so I'm on the fence about it~

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro @KnightDoc @Sky138 Sorry for any confusion! Last cycle I was a Canadian awaiting US green card. This cycle I will be reapplying with that- I am now a US permanent resident. I've done Kindergarten-college here in the US

Hello SDN!

As the title suggests, I will be a re-applicant this cycle! I applied last cycle as a Canadian with moderate stats and unsurprisingly had little success- I'll spare the gritty details. ANYWAYS- I am now a US permanent resident and I will be considered like everyone else- yay! I'm a US grad, 3.48s/3.69c GPA with a big upwards trend. 511 MCAT (127/130/126/128). Several good recs, a couple thousand clinical hours, decent non clinical hours, lots of volunteering from college but haven't done much in this gap year. Unique activities and strong new personal statement. Did a year of non-science research in college and just started some scientific research earlier this year but covid has halted it. What are my possible chances and if anyone has any advice for a possible school list I would really appreciate it! I'll be a reapp to several schools this year including a few in-state ones (FL). I'd prefer to be on the east coast but I will take an MD acceptance wherever I can get one!

Additionally, with my stats do you think I need to apply DO? Don't have any DO shadowing/recs so I'm on the fence about it~
Can you give year by year GPAs?
State of residence?

I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Florida
Florida State
Florida Atlantic
Florida International
Central Florida
USF Morsani
Miami
NOVA MD
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
TCU-UNT
Creighton
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
For DO schools I suggest these:
LECOM (all schools)
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
AZCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
UNECOM

Reactions: 1 user
FL resident
sGPA: 3.25--> 3.31--> 3.41--> 3.90
cGPA: 3.54--> 3.55--> 3.68--> 3.95

I will of course be applying to all my state schools. Any others I would have a good chance at? @Goro @gyngyn @LizzyM

Last edited: