Re-Applicant essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

071454pg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm reapplying this cycle and having some trouble with what PTCAS/school's are looking for with the re-applicant essay.

For those who havent seen it it is "If you have applied to a physical therapy program in the past five years, what have you done to improve upon or enhance your application for this current admissions cycle?"

Unlike the main essay, when you type in the space it doesn't give you any character limitations or anything and I'm wondering if this is supposed to be a full blown essay or sort of just explaining how you have improved things. Any input would be appreciated whether you are a re-applicant or not! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The way I am approaching it is as a supplement to the main essay. Just eloquently describe how you have improved. I'm not thinking of it as a "full blow essay," but I wouldn't just put bullet points with one-liners describing your improvements either. Just articulately describe. =) Hope that helps!

Exactly. Just tell them what you did wrong last time and how you have improved. Tell them how you plan to fix your mistakes. Perhaps you volunteered more, or applied to other schools, or retook some classes to boost your GPA. You probably learned a lot the past year so tell them that too. Be sincere and honest. They like to see humility in applicants. Like the Lady said, don't make bullet points (if you actually can). Write a shot essay.

Kevin

I actually asked PTCAS about this on their Facebook page (they're very good at replying on there) and they said that it is also limited to 4500 characters. I'm not sure if you really need to use all of that or not, but as long as you get your point across I'm sure it will be fine.