re applicant, need help and serious advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeffrey02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i applied last cycle and didnt get in. im graduating this quarter. for this next cycle, i was planning to take some other upper level bio class and retake some courses I messed up on during my undergrad during the application cycle. do you guys think that this is a good way too go? im stressing out and trying to figure what i need to do?
Help me someone please!!!

Members don't see this ad.

how was your dat score? how are you on shadowing? were your LORs good? how's the personal statement...etc...

to get a plan going, you need to figure out why you didn't get in and work on correcting the weak points...

holla...

Members don't see this ad :)
how was your dat score? how are you on shadowing? were your LORs good? how's the personal statement...etc...

to get a plan going, you need to figure out why you didn't get in and work on correcting the weak points...

holla...

yea, you need to take all of this things into account before you make ur decision. The reason being is because let say u have a low GPA, then taking extra classes will not bump your GPA that much, so the best thing to do is to 1 yr master's program or something.

i applied last cycle and didnt get in. im graduating this quarter. for this next cycle, i was planning to take some other upper level bio class and retake some courses I messed up on during my undergrad during the application cycle. do you guys think that this is a good way too go? im stressing out and trying to figure what i need to do?
Help me someone please!!!
I would not bother retaking any classes unless your grades in these classes are so low that dental schools will not accept them as fulfilling required course standards. Taking upper division sciences or a Master's program is the way to go as far as grades are considered. Lonely Sol and Laundry are right though you have to look at everything. You might want to consider speaking with someone at one or all of the schools you applied to last year and ask them what must be done.