Re-Applying While Waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beejan012

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about re-applying this upcoming cycle. I'm currently on 2 wait lists and want to re-apply in the event that I do not get in to either. However, I also don't want to apply to too many schools in the event that I get an acceptance in the next week or so (before schools start receiving applications June 23rd or 24th?).

My question is this: I think I can apply to just one school at first so that AMCAS processes my application then add other schools later. Will the other schools receive my AMCAS shortly thereafter? Is there more processing that they need to go through?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go ahead and do the primary for the schools you're most interested in. you can add later, yes, but your schools won't receive the info in amcas until you've requested it sent which might put your secondaries later. I think though the turnaround is pretty quick once you've been verified so you could add schools next week or so..

Best case scenario, you don't have any secondary fees because you get in next week! :xf:

I think its almost instantaneous. Once you add more schools after verification the school logs into some sort of database or is emailed your application. It won't take an additional 4-6 weeks on top of the weeks that already passed.