CMVpromoter

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2009
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Has anyone ever received another interview invite from a school that you already interviewed at in the first application cycle?

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
We re-interviewed someone quite a while back.
Since then, it's only been for political reasons.
It's different in other states, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CMVpromoter

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Yes. Many SDNers report being accepted the 2nd time around when they fixed deficits from the first cycle. For example, applying on time, after a late app the first time.

Has anyone ever received another interview invite from a school that you already interviewed at in the first application cycle?

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
Yes, I applied late the first time I interview at LECOM - interview was in March. The second time I re-applied on the first day of opening and had my interview in November - accepted by Christmas.

Dr. Janitor

2+ Year Member
May 6, 2015
Status
Medical Student
There are people in my class that interviewed 2-3 times at our school before they were accepted.

Cotterpin

Gluconeogenesis Evangelion
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Medical Student
@Goro Do you think it's more likely for a reapplicant to get an interview at a school they've interviewed at before? I was wait listed at three schools last cycle after a late application and then reapplied on the first day this cycle, so should I be thinking I stand a very good chance of getting interviews at those three schools this time around? Or is it the same slim odds as every other school?

cabinbuilder

Urgent Care Physician
10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2005
Texas
Status
Attending Physician
@Goro Do you think it's more likely for a reapplicant to get an interview at a school they've interviewed at before? I was wait listed at three schools last cycle after a late application and then reapplied on the first day this cycle, so should I be thinking I stand a very good chance of getting interviews at those three schools this time around? Or is it the same slim odds as every other school?
That's how I did it.

keesMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
I received an interview invitation from a school where I was wait-listed last year. Does anyone have advice for approaching the interview day? I have made significant improvements to my application and plan to share those along with expressing my continued love for this school. This particular school has a group interview as well, and I'm not sure how to approach that - is it appropriate to mention that I visited the school previously while with other candidates?

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
I received an interview invitation from a school where I was wait-listed last year. Does anyone have advice for approaching the interview day? I have made significant improvements to my application and plan to share those along with expressing my continued love for this school. This particular school has a group interview as well, and I'm not sure how to approach that - is it appropriate to mention that I visited the school previously while with other candidates?
I wouldn't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that you're a reapplicant, either alone or with a group. As for preparing, use the SDN feedback. That helped me tremendously when I applied.

OP, it's definitely possible. I re-interviewed at three schools that had previously interviewed me (granted with nearly a decade between application attempts).

Reactions: GrapesofRath

keesMD

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
I wouldn't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that you're a reapplicant, either alone or with a group. As for preparing, use the SDN feedback. That helped me tremendously when I applied.

OP, it's definitely possible. I re-interviewed at three schools that had previously interviewed me (granted with nearly a decade between application attempts).
Thank you for your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile