Re-interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CMVpromoter

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever received another interview invite from a school that you already interviewed at in the first application cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Goro Do you think it's more likely for a reapplicant to get an interview at a school they've interviewed at before? I was wait listed at three schools last cycle after a late application and then reapplied on the first day this cycle, so should I be thinking I stand a very good chance of getting interviews at those three schools this time around? Or is it the same slim odds as every other school?
 
@Goro Do you think it's more likely for a reapplicant to get an interview at a school they've interviewed at before? I was wait listed at three schools last cycle after a late application and then reapplied on the first day this cycle, so should I be thinking I stand a very good chance of getting interviews at those three schools this time around? Or is it the same slim odds as every other school?
That's how I did it.
 
I received an interview invitation from a school where I was wait-listed last year. Does anyone have advice for approaching the interview day? I have made significant improvements to my application and plan to share those along with expressing my continued love for this school. This particular school has a group interview as well, and I'm not sure how to approach that - is it appropriate to mention that I visited the school previously while with other candidates?
 
I received an interview invitation from a school where I was wait-listed last year. Does anyone have advice for approaching the interview day? I have made significant improvements to my application and plan to share those along with expressing my continued love for this school. This particular school has a group interview as well, and I'm not sure how to approach that - is it appropriate to mention that I visited the school previously while with other candidates?
I wouldn't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that you're a reapplicant, either alone or with a group. As for preparing, use the SDN feedback. That helped me tremendously when I applied.

OP, it's definitely possible. I re-interviewed at three schools that had previously interviewed me (granted with nearly a decade between application attempts).
 
I wouldn't go out of my way to draw attention to the fact that you're a reapplicant, either alone or with a group. As for preparing, use the SDN feedback. That helped me tremendously when I applied.

OP, it's definitely possible. I re-interviewed at three schools that had previously interviewed me (granted with nearly a decade between application attempts).

Thank you for your advice!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile