Re: Looking for Advice - CT Surgery Applicant in a couple years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownmamba92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been reading a lot of posts about experiences individuals have had with the I6 CT surgery programs/applications and I wanted to seek SDN advice regarding my chances and how to pick the places to do my away rotation.

- Dual Degree Student (DO/MBA) - Yes I am at an Ohio osteopathic school - I know it will deter some big name schools from possibly looking at me
- Step 1 - 251
- COMLEX 1 - 662 (98th percentile)
- My school does not rank but I am scored constantly in the Top 10 or 20 on my blocks
- Multiple abstracts and one publication so far. Have conducted research with a CT surgeon who happens to now be the chief of thoracics at an I6 programs
- Currently doing MBA now and will start 3rd year in the fall - hope to honor as many rotations as possible, if not all. Also plan to try to do more research during 3rd year. Currently doing research as a MBA student. Have produced data but PIs have been not quick to publish it.
- for my 4th year away rotations I am thinking: UCDavis (have DO residents, so I think I might have a chance), USC, UPMC, CCF (because its in Ohio, so they might care), and Yale (heard its DO friendly). Do you think I get a fair chance if I rotate at Columbia or Stanford? I dont think UPenn will look at me.

Members don't see this ad.