Re-reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justin_od

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to know if anyone here is a re re-applicant...i applied for the fall 2003 class and got interviews at UCSF and USC, but didnt get in. I reapplied for the fall 2004 class and got outright rejected from UCSF and am still waiting to hear from USC and UOP. I really doubt I will get interviewed this time so i am getting ready to re-reapply....man i dont know if I can do it again. If you have any stories of hope, please share cuz i need a pick-me-up really bad. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you thought about applying to Loma Linda? Its a newer school so maybe it will be easier to get in? Also, if you do reapply next year, dont limit yourself to 3 schools. With PharmCAS it's even easier to apply to different schools so pick about 12 schools and apply. Its better to have more possibilities than very few

i wanna stay in california becuase of family reasons

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Justin, have you ever gone back to Admission office to discuss your application case at UCSF last year?:confused:

have you tried applying at western in pomona, ca??? i applied to ucsf,uop, and western. ucsf and uop didn't even grant me interviews.western did and i was accepted

Hi, sorry if this is too personal to ask but what were u grades and gpa, and pcat scores like?

superfly, you don't need pcat scores in California and I assume his GPA must be good if he had an interviews with UCSF and USC the previous year.

South2006 there are only 30 seats available for the 500 applicants at Loma Linda. They just started processing applications and they told me the process will continue till June. Also, they do give preference to SDA applicants. Trust me, I'm an applicant and I have spoken to them personally.

Wow! Whats an SDA applicant though? I was just making a point that there were more than 2 pharmacy schools in the state of California. Nothing personal!

Its cool South2006. SDA means Seventh Day Adventist, which I'm not so I'm at a disadvantage. It's okay I got Hawaii!

Yeah, I called UCSF last year and they told me how to improve my app...so I thought I would get at least an interview this year since I got one last year...but I guess the huge increase in applicants this year made it incredibly competitive...i dont know, I guess I will reapply again....:(

Justin, I've seen in the med forum that you're applying to med schools also. Are you considering the Carib. as a back-up? If I don't get into pharm school this year, I'm not going to wait around a year and roll the dice again next year - it'll probably be even tougher next year. I'm going to shoot for AUC in January. Which would you choose if you got into both - pharm school or med school?

Oh, i thought about applying for med in 2001 but didnt do it. I am solely concentrating on pharm now

What about UCSD? Don't they have a pharm school now too?

Unless you totally don't like it for some reason you should really look into western in pomona, ca. esp if you previously got interviewed at ucsf....san diego is real tough to get in i think because of the small class size.