Re-scheduled U Conn interview- 11/18 open

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lynn42

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I moved my U of Connecticut interview from 11/18 to mid Dec. FYI- When I called, the whole month of Dec was basically OPEN!!!! :thumbup: :wow: The admissions lady said she hadn't scheduled Dec yet!! I think there is still hope for early interviews at U Conn :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Haha I'm interviewing at UConn on Nov 18! Is anyone else going to be there this Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the deal with that "tell us a funny story" question that people say they are asked? Anyone have any more specific information on that? Thanks.

Hey CP, did you already interview there?

One of the first things you'll do is sit down with the dean of admissions and your fellow interviewees. You'll do a little round table with the basics (name, school, etc), but the last question you are supposed to address is "Telling Detail: Tell us a detail/story about yourself that is not in your application materials that gives us a glimpse into who you are and what you like to do."

It's kind of stressful if you aren't expecting it.

Good luck.

VPDcurt said:
Hey CP, did you already interview there?

yea, i did, and i thought i did well...now i'm on stupid hold...and i went to UConn undergrad...and the dean knows me...i really don't know what i'm doing wrong! I felt I had addressed my problems from the last time

AND i had an answer prepared for that telling detail thing b/c i knew about it, guess it doesn't matter how good of a story it is...i've already wasted 3 of them now

Dakota said:
It's kind of stressful if you aren't expecting it.

It's a little stressful if you are expecting it too....you don't want to sound rehearsed :)