Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Re-scheduled U Conn interview- 11/18 open

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lynn42, Nov 15, 2005.

1. lynn42

lynn42 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I moved my U of Connecticut interview from 11/18 to mid Dec. FYI- When I called, the whole month of Dec was basically OPEN!!!! :thumbup: :wow: The admissions lady said she hadn't scheduled Dec yet!! I think there is still hope for early interviews at U Conn :luck:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Haha I'm interviewing at UConn on Nov 18! Is anyone else going to be there this Friday?

3. C.P. Jones

C.P. Jones Catface Majigger
    7+ Year Member

4. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    What's the deal with that "tell us a funny story" question that people say they are asked? Anyone have any more specific information on that? Thanks.

5. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey CP, did you already interview there?

6. Dakota

Dakota Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    One of the first things you'll do is sit down with the dean of admissions and your fellow interviewees. You'll do a little round table with the basics (name, school, etc), but the last question you are supposed to address is "Telling Detail: Tell us a detail/story about yourself that is not in your application materials that gives us a glimpse into who you are and what you like to do."

It's kind of stressful if you aren't expecting it.

Good luck.

7. C.P. Jones

7+ Year Member

yea, i did, and i thought i did well...now i'm on stupid hold...and i went to UConn undergrad...and the dean knows me...i really don't know what i'm doing wrong! I felt I had addressed my problems from the last time

AND i had an answer prepared for that telling detail thing b/c i knew about it, guess it doesn't matter how good of a story it is...i've already wasted 3 of them now

8. C.P. Jones

7+ Year Member

It's a little stressful if you are expecting it too....you don't want to sound rehearsed :)