Re-applicant interview timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguinalhernia

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, really trying not to be neurotic, but I'm getting nervous about not getting any interviews yet. I'm a re-applicant and last cycle, I got 2 II's in August and another in mid-September. This year, nothing so far. My secondaries were submitted slightly later (some 1-2 weeks later) but I was complete by August for 2/3 of my schools and in first half of August for the rest. Cherry on top is I just got rejected from one of the schools that interviewed me last year. I'm trying hard to keep a positive mindset, recognizing that it's not October yet, but I'm just having a hard time. I feel like I improved my application, with better W/A writing and more volunteer hours, plus some edits to my PS (although I didn't re-write, as I felt it was strong). My interviewers last cycle said I had glowing LORs, so I don't think that's an issue. I would really appreciate some guidance - I'm just really worried I messed up my one chance to get in last year. Knowing I got early II's last year is just making the silence more difficult. Sorry for the nervous rant, and thank you.

Here's my WAMC

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Have you applied to DO schools?
I have not, although I have started considering it. With my stats and ECs, I hoped to be competitive enough to go MD for more research opportunities and leave my options open for more competitive specialties. However, I don't think a third app cycle would be productive, and I can't afford another year of fees either.

Any recommendations for DO schools? My other two main concerns were - would applying late with high stats make it seem like a back-up, and will that reflect poorly to Adcoms? I've also only shadowed MDs and would not be able to obtain a DO recommendation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not, although I have started considering it. With my stats and ECs, I hoped to be competitive enough to go MD for more research opportunities and leave my options open for more competitive specialties. However, I don't think a third app cycle would be productive, and I can't afford another year of fees either.

Any recommendations for DO schools? My other two main concerns were - would applying late with high stats make it seem like a back-up, and will that reflect poorly to Adcoms? I've also only shadowed MDs and would not be able to obtain a DO recommendation.
We know that DO schools are backups for most applicants. We don't take it personally.

Good DO schools?

I have a high regard for
CCOM (but watch tuition)
AZCOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
MUCOM
all Touros
KCU
both Westerns
DMU
CUSOM

Reactions: 1 user
We know that DO schools are backups for most applicants. We don't take it personally.

Good DO schools?

I have a high regard for
CCOM (but watch tuition)
AZCOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
MUCOM
all Touros
KCU
both Westerns
DMU
CUSOM
Thanks for the guidance, I appreciate it!