Re-taking gen ed's or science courses.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smilin1590

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I'm new to the discussion board and I'm a pre-vet student. I was wondering if when I apply to vet school how much the school will look at the grades I got for gen ed courses. I got a c in sociology and a c in history. Should I retake these or just leave them alone? Thanks everyone!
 
Hey everyone. I'm new to the discussion board and I'm a pre-vet student. I was wondering if when I apply to vet school how much the school will look at the grades I got for gen ed courses. I got a c in sociology and a c in history. Should I retake these or just leave them alone? Thanks everyone!

If it were me, I would probably retake if I got a 'C' in something science related like Genetics or Organic Chemistry, but I would not retake sociology or history.

Others may have a different opinion though...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree, I don't think having a C in a general requirement will kill you (are you taking other general requirements you are getting better grades in?) but if it were in one of your science courses I might consider it.

I personally have a C+ in a mythology course (I actually really like mythology, but I messed around freshman year) and a C- in an economics course (same semester). but I have other general ed requirements that I got As and Bs in. I'm not so concerned with those Cs. Of course, I haven't applied or gotten accepted yet so thats just my opinion. Not validated by any schools just yet.