Reactions for 2016-2017 app cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you get accepted?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got an Interview

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Stuck of the Waitlist...

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Smoke Weed Everyday

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of PGY-3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it's April and while the cycle isn't completely over, I'm sure many of you have had heard from most schools by now...

For me:
15 Apps submitted
12 Pre II rejections
3 II
1 Acceptance
1 WL
1 Denied

smoke weed everyday and happy Pesach
Did you learn anything from this cycle and if anyone got questions, feel free...
+pity++pity++pity+

Members don't see this ad.

25 MD Apps submitted.
25 Secondaries received.
23 Secondaries submitted (got too lazy and stressed with school to do the last 2).
8 Interviews. All in-state, Florida. None out of state.
2 wait-list + 6 straight acceptance = 8 total acceptances.

Was kinda annoyed no one out of state gave me a chance (including Tulane, Tufts, and Boston), but happy I have options at great schools. I just hoped for the best with the top 10 schools, but didn't expect much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok if you guys dont post stats this thread is useless.

Last edited:
I learned it's possible to get a rejection letter from a school I never even applied to

Reactions: 11 users
I learned that Duke is like a person you meet at a bar late at night. You give them your number, and they just never call you. (Still waiting on that official rejection letter lol)
I also learned that places you think you are a shoo-in for *really* aren't like that sometimes.

Stats-wise: 14 secondaries | 7 IIs | 3 WLs | 3 post-II rejections | 1 silence | 1 acceptance (so far!) | [LizzyM = 73]

Reactions: 1 user
Ok if you guys dont post stats this thread is useless.
There are plenty of studies out there on the same topic as this thread with sample sizes much larger than you'll find here. All you'll find here is a small n with a strong self selection bias.

my reaction:

omg I got in.

Reactions: 1 user
Applied to 26
Completed 26 secondaries
Interviewed at 1 school (top choice), got in. Withdrew from the rest.

One school still gave me a rejection 1-2 months after I had withdrew, kinda felt like this:

Reactions: 1 users
Having your interviewer tell you "X SOM will be lucky to have you" or similar compliments does not imply you're can't be slapped with a waitlist come decision date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users