reading a match list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm looking at a match list and have some questions.

1. What is PM&R?
2. A lot of spots say traditional rotating, how are we supposed to figure out what specialty that is?

Members don't see this ad.

brodaiga said:
i'm looking at a match list and have some questions.

1. What is PM&R?
2. A lot of spots say traditional rotating, how are we supposed to figure out what specialty that is?

PM&R is Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

The traditional rotating thing is some one-year DO stuff that some states require for licensure. I'm not exactly sure what it is

JKDMed said:
The traditional rotating thing is some one-year DO stuff that some states require for licensure. I'm not exactly sure what it is

The traditional rotating osteopathic internship is the equivalent of an allopathic 'transitional' internship, where you rotate throughout the various departments of the hospital - peds, IM, OB/GYN, etc. One-year internships are sometimes required prior to entering the 2nd year of a specialty residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
tkim6599 said:
The traditional rotating osteopathic internship is the equivalent of an allopathic 'transitional' internship, where you rotate throughout the various departments of the hospital - peds, IM, OB/GYN, etc. One-year internships are sometimes required prior to entering the 2nd year of a specialty residency.

yeah, i know about that, so there is no way to find out what these people actually matched in?

brodaiga said:
yeah, i know about that, so there is no way to find out what these people actually matched in?

Depends on the match list, if they place additional info.