1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

reading HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by rromantico25, Dec 7, 2008.

1. rromantico25

Pre-Dental
    I'm having great difficulty with comprehensive reading, has anyone taken the DAT recently and can tell me what their compositions were about? I will be taking the DAT at the end of December and i'm trying to study up on some material. any advice?:help::help::help:

2. chessxwizard

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    They are generally about science topics, but some people have been getting passages on pianos recently... :laugh: Read a few DAT prep materials and take a few RC tests, varying your methodology with each. Find a style that suits you, and practice with that until you score well on your practice tests. RC is probably the hardest section to "study" since it requires you to use habits that you have developed over a long period of time, while the other sections are mostly regurgitating information.

3. joedat41

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I agree def. the hardest section to study for

4. Sublimation

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    search and destroy lol? building good reading habits takes a long time, much longer then 1 month. i would recommend, if your RC score is below a 15 on practice exams that you take a little more time to prepare for the DAT. Unless ofcourse you are applying this cycle. Gluck

5. Dencology

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yes. search and destroy. this is what i did and i got 18. but i think G-d was with me. lolol

6. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    check out my blog on my signature below. I did write some stuff about how to prepare for reading comprehension

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...