readthefilm.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chris_Topher

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get the goofy hand film in the mail telling them to go to this web address: readthefilm.com/FirstnameLastname? I didn't want to validate my mailing address by going to the website. Turns out to be an ad for EMP. Kind of slimy, in my opinion.
 
Yeah, I got it today. Interesting becasue my address was written in "girl" handwriting, all bubbly and all... but still, a human had to write it in there.

It was intereseting nonetheless, but EMP doesn't have any spots where I want to work (DC area) so I gave up. I still don't know what the fuzzy thing is... midichlorians?

Q
 
Yeah, midi-chlorians or a nail. I thought the envelope looked hand-written, too. I even took a second look to compare individual letters within my address, and all of the lower-case "e" letters were different. If you just type in readthefilm.com you get a marketing organization. Welcome to the future of marketing.

BTW - Monday Night Football! Fall is coming.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got it too.

It was pretty obvious what it was I thought but you have to give them credit. I thought it was pretty clever.

Don't plan on working for EMP though, regardless of where they are.