• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Ready for Finals?

Dustbug10

Year IV
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
Little Rock, AR
www.facebook.com
  1. Rehab Sci Student
    I stayed up until roughly 4am to finish up a research paper for Med Aud, which gets me closer to lightening the load completely in order to focus on Finals only. The course was taught by an adjunct professor med school style, and was nothing short of brutal. I don't anticipate the final to be any different. My list for what remains:

Electrophys II:
    Done.

Pediatrics:
    1. 30 Minute Presentation
    2. Final

Amp II:
    1. one remaining lab
    2. Amplification Fitting Protocol
    3. Final

Med Aud:
    1. Final
    2. Article Abstract

Clinical Lab/Practicum:
    1. Done for the semester

Misc:
    * One more Neurotology conference and Grand Rounds respectively..

How are you guys doing?

AUDball2012

Nov 13, 2010
    1. Rehab Sci Student
      Well, I finished the majority of my course work last year....so I am taking some classes that were supposed to be taken in my undergrad---they are quite boring lol.

Stats--just had my 3rd test yesterday, went fine--final will be cumulative so I just need to do a bit of prep for that and then I will be done

Adult Comm. Disorders--its a really easy undergrad class and more than that the last lectures are on hearing and hearing loss so again not bad

Grand Rounds--I have a CI candidacy presentation on Tuesday and then I am done for the semester

Clinic--no final this semester but next semester there will be

Thesis--stiilllllll working on my data collection

rEliseMe

May 18, 2010
      Treasure Valley, Idaho
      1. Rehab Sci Student
        How are you guys doing?

I probably shouldn't be as stressed as I am. I don't have any cumulative final exams (well, one but it's optional), just 'final tests' in two classes. I do have 6 independent study credits which are hounding me, though. I can finish them any time before I graduate but it'd be really helpful to have them on my transcript for application.

Applications are really the main thing stressing me out at the moment. I've actually had to schedule an audiogram with one of the people who agreed to write me a recommendation letter because I can't get a hold of him any other way. How messed up is that?!

About the Ads

SoCalAud

10+ Year Member
        Nov 6, 2008
        CA
        1. Rehab Sci Student
          I'm so ready for finals. These SLP classes that i'm taking are very interesting, but I'm just not into those classes.

I'm taking...

Phonological Disorders in Children:
          Cumulative Final

Physics of Speech and Hearing
          Cumulative Final

Aural Rehabilitation
          Paper.
          No final exam.

Audiology
          Done for the semester. No Final.

This wasn't a bad semester. I do have a feeling that starting January until next December, it'll be hectic. I've got a lot of clinical method classes and research left to take on top of the GRE and grad school touring/applications.

cidanu

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Feb 16, 2009
          1. Rehab Sci Student
            This semester was tons of work up to mid-terms, then I kind of checked out for awhile. The courseload (12 credits) was light in comparison to other semesters.

I am a bit of a procrastinator but this is what I've got in the next 3 weeks:

Counseling

10 minute presentation
            5 page reflection on counseling experiences
            Analysis of an interview I've conducted

Amp 2

Blog entry
            Journal presentation
            Case Study (Needs Assessment & Fitting)
            Final

Pediatric Audiology

10 page paper (4 pages done)
            Final

Clinic

20 minute case presentation
            2 more reports on cases

Clinic: Aural Rehab

Semester Progress Report (these things can be more than 5 pages long)

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.