Real STEP 3 Text Highlighting Function

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medman90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On real STEP 3 exam, how is the text highlighting function work? On UWorld, double clicking on a word or clicking and dragging a portion of the text would highlight the text in yellow.

Last time I took STEP, which was long time ago, I was caught off guard because double clicking on a word did not highlight it and I had to get accustomed to clicking and dragging way of highlighting text.

For people who took STEP 3 recently, please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

But does double clicking on a word highlight the word? I am used to this way on UWorld. I just don't want to get caught surprised on the exam day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about the repeated posts, can anyone who recently took the test please comment?

The Practice USMLE Test I took at Prometric and the USMLE sample I downloaded from USMLE website recently allowed me to double click on a word and it highlighted the word.

Does this trick also work on the real exam?

I apologize for posting the same question again. Can anyone who recently took the please answer my question for me? Thank you very much.