• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

MyNameIsAlex

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Medical Student
do all schools count CGPA? or some count only the last 2-3 years?

also what is the minimum realistic acceptence GPA? :)

MrDreamWeaver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 4, 2005
Status
This is kind of a strange topic.

I spoke to 2 med students at UCSD. One say 3.4 the other said 3.8, so who knows? haha

MrDreamWeaver said:
This is kind of a strange topic.

I spoke to 2 med students at UCSD. One say 3.4 the other said 3.8, so who knows? haha
3.8 as the minimum? Ya right! :laugh:

About the Ads

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MyNameIsAlex said:

med schools count CGPA and they count all years...i would say a realistic min GPA from someone straight out of college and not a URM would be 3.25+ but youd need a 30+ MCAT i would imagine.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MSAR, buy it, read it, love it.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Flopotomist said:
MSAR, buy it, read it, love it.
Glad to see you are back to your token advice. Maybe add that to your sig to save the typing and just include an arrow.

JG198

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Medical Student
MyNameIsAlex said:

They look at BCMP and Cumulative. There is no "minimum" GPA. I am under the impression that schools look at your performance up to the date of application.

If you are a senior applying, then your grades for fourth year are obviously not in your app. So, they would be looking at the last 3 years.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BrettBatchelor said:
Glad to see you are back to your token advice. Maybe add that to your sig to save the typing and just include an arrow.
ROFL... yeah, but admit it - the advice to buy it, read it, know it would save a lot of these straight forward questions.

About the Ads