Realistically matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FijiGNR89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You will very likely match in Peds. You want to stay in NYC, which is actually good because there are quite a few Peds programs there and they're largely not the ones considered most difficult to match at. Consider doing away rotations at one or two places you'd really like to be so that they can get to know you (think of them as 2-4 week interviews). While it would be great to have a couple of honors grades in the clinical years, not having them shouldn't stop you from matching, especially with strong letters and a solid step 1 score (and your score is solid). Consider taking ck early

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
I second what physicsnerd42 said - definitely see if you can do away rotations in NYC and rock them as best you can. If you can get a letter from them as well, even better.

Your resume looks solid for peds, and there are probably more programs in NYC than any other city. My only advice is schedule Step 2 CS now if you have not already. All the good dates go fast and you don't want to take it mid-interview season like I did. It's not a difficult test, but having it out of the way early can only help. Good luck!