Matching as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Lector

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a DO student and am wondering what I need to do to match into peds. Do I need to take the USMLE on top of the comlex or will the comlex work? As of right now i'm in the middle third in terms of class rank. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a DO student and am wondering what I need to do to match into peds. Do I need to take the USMLE on top of the comlex or will the comlex work? As of right now i'm in the middle third in terms of class rank. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks

My wife is a DO. She took both Step 1 and 2. But I think there are a good amount of DO that do not take the Steps and do fine. But in general at least take step 1 if you're not happy with your Comlex score (probably >500). My wife had 490s Comlex 1 and 600s comlex 2 (that came a little while after but had plenty of interviews by then so not sure if it mattered), step 1 220s and Step 2 230s. My wife had plenty of interviews all around the country. Apply broadly in general. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user