Realized a few spelling errors on secondaries. X_X

Started by Enik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Enik

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realized that I made a few spelling erros on some secondaries that I have submitted. Since the prompts are similar I copy and past a lot of it and for example I used the word bought instead of brought.... obviously MS word didn't catch it. Also I used unintentional past tense for a verb. I read them over out loud many times before i submit the secondaries, but I guess since I am the once that wrote it I was unable to catch the mistakes.

Has anyone been in the same situation? and how have you dealt with it?
 
no sweat. Don't worry. As long as it is not blatantly errors in gramma everywhere in PS, you are fine. I am sure I had a few errors in my PS too, they don't seem to care much
 
I realized that I made a few spelling erros on some secondaries that I have submitted. Since the prompts are similar I copy and past a lot of it and for example I used the word bought instead of brought.... obviously MS word didn't catch it. Also I used unintentional past tense for a verb. I read them over out loud many times before i submit the secondaries, but I guess since I am the once that wrote it I was unable to catch the mistakes.

Has anyone been in the same situation? and how have you dealt with it?
You won't be the only one. Don't stress. After you send in your secondary never look at them again, seriously (sans preparing for an interview).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you get an interview, maybe make a joke about being so eager to submit the secondary that you made a few mistakes. I have terrible social anxiety and assume all of my mistakes are noticed, but in this case, it probably isn't a huge deal! Focus on what you can do from here on out.
 
If you get an interview, maybe make a joke about being so eager to submit the secondary that you made a few mistakes. I have terrible social anxiety and assume all of my mistakes are noticed, but in this case, it probably isn't a huge deal! Focus on what you can do from here on out.

No dont mention it in an interview. Bad idea.