REALLY any chances with 3.75gpa / 504mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rlaaudfh87

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

GPA: 3.75 MCAT: 504 (127/123/128/126)
Major: Biology
Race: Asian male
Clinical volunteering:
1) 250 hours (2.5 years) at university hospital (no patient contact)
2) 250 hours (2.5 years) at nursing home (a lot of direct patient contact)
Nonclinical volunteering: 120 hours (1 year) at childcare.
Shadowing:
1) internal medicine doctor (18 hours)
2) anesthesiologist (24 hours)
Research: neurobiology lab (1.5 years) with no publications and presentations (I actually don't know the exact hours since I got credits instead of counting my hours .. )
Leadership:
1) General Bio class Teaching Assistant (one semester)
2) Biochemistry class Teaching Assistant (one semester)

I know my MCAT is low, but I don't want to retake it. I really don't think that I am able to improve my score... I did everything, did my best, and got 504. I know that my score is competitive for DO, but I would like to get some advise for MD. Can you recommend low/mid tier schools on the east coast? I prefer private schools. Is there any chance to get into MD with 504 mcat score?? I REALLY WANT TO GET TO MED SCHOOL PLEASE!!!!! Thank you ...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

GPA: 3.75 MCAT: 504 (127/123/128/126)
Major: Biology
Race: Asian male
Clinical volunteering:
1) 250 hours (2.5 years) at university hospital (no patient contact)
2) 250 hours (2.5 years) at nursing home (a lot of direct patient contact)
Nonclinical volunteering: 120 hours (1 year) at childcare.
Shadowing:
1) internal medicine doctor (18 hours)
2) anesthesiologist (24 hours)
Research: neurobiology lab (1.5 years) with no publications and presentations (I actually don't know the exact hours since I got credits instead of counting my hours .. )
Leadership:
1) General Bio class Teaching Assistant (one semester)
2) Biochemistry class Teaching Assistant (one semester)

I know my MCAT is low, but I don't want to retake it. I really don't think that I am able to improve my score... I did everything, did my best, and got 504. I know that my score is competitive for DO, but I would like to get some advise for MD. Can you recommend low/mid tier schools on the east coast? I prefer private schools. Is there any chance to get into MD with 504 mcat score?? I REALLY WANT TO GET TO MED SCHOOL PLEASE!!!!! Thank you ...
I suggest the following:
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)

Oakland U Beaumont

Loyola

WVU

MCW

Creighton

VCU

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

It looks like that profile picture may actually be you- you should replace to protect your anonymity.