Really Low GPA but High MCAT Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms10uc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if someone could give me insight into what my chances of getting into a Post Bac Program (mainly UConns) would be with a gpa of around 2.7/2.8 (B-) and an MCAT score of 36cum. I also have retaking a couple of classes, I had a couple of rough semesters as well - will the admissions commitee oversea that? I volunteer, work, do research....

thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

According to UConn they accept B-/B+ averages. I would think if everything else is well rounded you would actually be a pretty good candidate. I would get in touch with Keat Sanford and talk to him about it, he will let you know honestly what his thoughts are.

I think you'd have a tough time getting in. UConn had 250+ applications for 10-15 positions this year. Despite your excellent MCAT, I think your GPA wouldn't put you in the top tier of candidates.
No-one on SDNF appears to even got an interview this year. Check out the UConn thread.
UConn is ridic tough to get into

Members don't see this ad :)
really? even as a ct resident? I was thinking about applying late decemember for the full year program...

Check the UConn thread.

Almost all of us in the thread are CT residents.

Maybe if we deter everyone from applying we can get in? A viral marketing campaign so to speak?

Lol I wish. The UConn thread was a quieter one on here and yet there were between 20-25 applications for every spot.