really pissed off [rage] [rant]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hunterx2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
School hasn't even started yet and I'm fed up with this $%@$ already.

-$1000 deposit fee
-SECOND deposit fee. WTF ???
-$1000 pre req class at CC. I thought I didn't have to take it but they won't waive it.
-class has nothing to do with dentistry, meets every single day, and is ruining my summer.

-half a dozen immunizations to get, even though I swear I got many of them already.
-$25-50+ per immunization.
-$80 physical exam. (total waste of money if you are young and healthy).
-$100 background check
-I have to bust my @%# collecting required teeth.
-drug test before matriculation.

Why do they have to make it so hard for ppl ??? When I got into college I didn't have to do any of this $%@$. I hope this BS red tape stops once school starts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Deposit fees are transparent at most schools, don't know how this took you by surprise.
2. It's a pre-req for a reason, and again you must have known you'd have to take it to matriculate.
3. Any healthcare provider should be vaccinated and healthy, so this isn't unreasonable. They don't know you're healthy.
4. It's important to make sure you incoming students aren't criminals, have any drug problems, or are trying to hide anything.

Reactions: 1 user
School hasn't even started yet and I'm fed up with this $%@$ already.

-$1000 deposit fee
-SECOND deposit fee. WTF ???
-$1000 pre req class at CC. I thought I didn't have to take it but they won't waive it.
-class has nothing to do with dentistry, meets every single day, and is ruining my summer.

-half a dozen immunizations to get, even though I swear I got many of them already.
-$25-50+ per immunization.
-$80 physical exam. (total waste of money if you are young and healthy).
-$100 background check
-I have to bust my @%# collecting required teeth.
-drug test before matriculation.

Why do they have to make it so hard for ppl ??? When I got into college I didn't have to do any of this $%@$. I hope this BS red tape stops once school starts.
I don't see how any of this is unnecessary, especially immunizations, physical exam, and background check. You do want to be a healthcare provider right?

And there's a reason why it's called pre-requisite and not pre-recommended...

Members don't see this ad :)
Your problem could be easily solved: just reject your admission. The school in question should have no problem finding someone that is more than willing to spend what amounts to petty cash for the items you enumerated.

Your problem could be easily solved: just reject your admission. The school in question should have no problem finding someone that is more than willing to spend what amounts to petty cash for the items you enumerated.

this. in the grand scheme...it's not that much money.

then again, OP, my school doesn't require collected teeth, or a background check...or a drug test. umad?

what required teeth? this is first time i've heard of this

A bunch of schools require that you collect extracted teeth from dental offices. I think I have to collect like 150+ extracted teeth but I haven't received the instructions for it yet.

attachment.php

A bunch of schools require that you collect extracted teeth from dental offices. I think I have to collect like 150+ extracted teeth but I haven't received the instructions for it yet.

That's ridiculous. That's freaking biohazard.