Reapplicant advice and personal statement proofreading needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTHealth007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I've been preparing my medical school application and have recently taken my MCAT on January 23rd. Last time I took my MCAT was in August 2013 and I got a 28. Anyways, I hoping new mcat is high so it offsets my lower gpa. Right now, I am getting my letter of rec's together (one from research PI, one from doctor I shadowed for many years, and one from college professor who I wrote a paper for Honors credit) and working on my personal statement. If it matters, I am a non-trad Texas citizen, who graduated with undergraduate degree in Biology and minor in Psych with 3.58 cum gpa, 3.46 science gpa in 2014. I worked as a scribe for a few months, and have been working as a research assistant at a medical school in OB/Gyn with 3 publications and also plan on taking an EMT course to have clinical experience to talk about in interviews. Currently, I consistently volunteer every Sunday as Sunday school teacher, at a charity clinic, and volunteer for the Alzheimer Association.

Anyways, I wrote a draft of my personal statement and was hoping to get some feedback and criticism. I read that many pre-meds had success with their personal statements through here and it would mean a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend that you take down your PS. It identifies you to every admissions committee member who cares to take a look at this thread.
Just did, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user