Reapplicant Review Priority

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorFate

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
To adcoms, or any others with insight, how does being a reapplicant affect the review priority of your application? For the adcoms, could you share what your institution does?

Members don't see this ad.

To adcoms, or any others with insight, how does being a reapplicant affect the review priority of your application? For the adcoms, could you share what your institution does?
I'll leave it to the adcoms to give a definitive answer, but I have never heard anyone say reapplicant status is a metric used in review priority, one way or the other. Your priority is whatever it would be otherwise. Being a reapplicant typically just involves having the jump through the additional hoop of having your application compared to a prior one, and typically needing to show material improvement to be considered.

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to review priority, at my school a reapplicant has no disadvantage compared to a new applicant. n=1.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At my school, it doesn't affect priority. But in the interview, you will very likely be asked about how you improved since the last time you applied.

Reactions: 3 users
I got dragged along by Toledo last cycle and got an II from them a few days ago. N=1 but I don't think being a reapplicant matters in order of priority.