reapplicant school list help. ORM (3.55/511)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Julatteluver

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I just received my retake score back for my MCAT and received a 511 (128/127/128/128). Absolutely gutted as my old score was 510 (127/126/127/130), and I was confident that my skills dramatically improved this time.

I am planning to apply this upcoming cycle, and I previously have applied last cycle (19-20) that resulted in 3 MD IIs with no luck (none of them were state schools, all private OOS. two of them were solid mid tiers with history of loving service oriented apps).

Planning to apply to DO this cycle for obvious reasons, but I have no idea which DOs to apply. I am considering NYIT, PCOM, Rowan for now. I am NY resident by the way.

My ECs are pretty solid:
3.5k hours in research with 3-4 poster presentations.
~600 hour in nonclinical volunteering, got another opportunity that will give me around ~150 hours during the cycle.
~500 hours in clinical volunteering, have another hospice volunteer lined up for next month (projected hours is 200 with 1 year firm commitment).
~50 hours in shadowing

I am hoping to attend one of the NY state schools, preferably downstate. However, because I received all my IIs from private schools, I am planning to apply to many low tiers/ mid tiers if that seems like a good idea.

Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Hackensack
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Tulane
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
For DO schools I suggest these:
Touro-NY
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
UNECOM
NYITCOM
CUSOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
TUNCOM
ACOM
UIWSOM

Hello Faha! Thank you so much for the list. Just wondering, do you think my second MCAT score will hurt chances since I barely improved?