Reapplicant Should I be worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rochester and upstate take Casper and gave me interviews so prob not

Members don't see this ad.

@One handed grab Any updates?

Was your MCAT balanced or did you have a significantly weak subsection? How much non-clinical volunteering did you do?
I hope some of your WLs convert next week!

@One handed grab Any updates?

Was your MCAT balanced or did you have a significantly weak subsection? How much non-clinical volunteering did you do?
I hope some of your WLs convert next week!
PS 130
CARS 127
BS 129
P/S 129
So pretty balanced,

pretty sig non clinical volunteering, worked In safe house for domestic abused while in college, created an organization focused on donating clothing items to a specific homeless group in SF, recently provided handmade mask and sending them news one each week.

Members don't see this ad :)
This does seem very unusual, especially with a better school list.
Did you reach out to any R schools and ask for feedback?

This does seem very unusual, especially with a better school list.
Did you reach out to any R schools and ask for feedback?
Most schools said they didn’t, only school that gave feedback wasxwayne state which basically said they favor in state

When were your secondaries submitted? It seems like you submitted primaries day 1, but then many secondaries in October? That amount of turnaround time could be an issue.

Edit: 3rd time applicant with similar stats and somewhat similar ECs (less research, more service, more clinical exposure), so I understand how difficult your situation is. My MCAT is from late 2016 and roughly 60 accepted my score, but I applied to ~35 this cycle.

I’d recommend adding DO schools if you have to apply again. Best of luck with the waitlist!

When were your secondaries submitted? It seems like you submitted primaries day 1, but then many secondaries in October? That amount of turnaround time could be an issue.

Edit: 3rd time applicant with similar stats and somewhat similar ECs (less research, more service, more clinical exposure), so I understand how difficult your situation is. My MCAT is from late 2016 and roughly 60 accepted my score, but I applied to ~35 this cycle.

I’d recommend adding DO schools if you have to apply again. Best of luck with the waitlist!
I submitted most my secondaries in July, avg turn around time was 7-14 days usually less tho. Can you message me your list?

Can you message me your list?

I don't have it unfortunately, I deleted a lot of files of my computer during this COVID shutdown as I have a lot of free time and as an "I'm finally moving on" from what's been several emotionally tough years of applying and being rejected. My school list(s) were among those "I'll never need this" documents.

However, I made my list by going through MSAR one-by-one and searching "oldest" and favoriting the schools that my score qualified for. I then whittled down from there. TX schools take up to 5 years old (I have strong ties to state, but even so I received no II's so not sure I'd recommend it). Some 15ish DO schools took my score, but I applied to ~6 in November for assurance.

I don't have it unfortunately, I deleted a lot of files of my computer during this COVID shutdown as I have a lot of free time and as an "I'm finally moving on" from what's been several emotionally tough years of applying and being rejected. My school list(s) were among those "I'll never need this" documents.

However, I made my list by going through MSAR one-by-one and searching "oldest" and favoriting the schools that my score qualified for. I then whittled down from there. TX schools take up to 5 years old (I have strong ties to state, but even so I received no II's so not sure I'd recommend it). Some 15ish DO schools took my score, but I applied to ~6 in November for assurance.
IWhen I looked up each school it was about 25-30 that took them for MD, are you sure they accepted your score?

My score was in September, so I may have had more options than you.

Any updates? Did you hear back from the schools that wait-listed you?

I was about to say maybe you had a bad letter. That was the only explanation.

But congrats! I'm in dedicated right now and I still think applying is 10x more awful. It only gets better.

Yeah here’s my summary of the past two years:

It was probably the worst thing I have ever gone through, I went through academics without any struggles, had thousands of hours of research at top universities, had decent clinical and volunteering work. Co founder my own e-commerce business along with a-homeless help organization and worked my ass off everyday. I know I am theoretically a CA app but I have extreme strong ties and was also considered a ny resident for some of the public schools as I had spent the 18/23 of life in NY and they based it off my high school and years spent there. But the fact is I had many people who saw my application even those who were in high up positions at top schools who were puzzled as to why I didn’t succeed more. It honestly is just a random process and honestly just a game. You just need to learn how to play the game and not let it play you

Yeah here’s my summary of the past two years:

It was probably the worst thing I have ever gone through, I went through academics without any struggles, had thousands of hours of research at top universities, had decent clinical and volunteering work. Co founder my own e-commerce business along with a-homeless help organization and worked my ass off everyday. I know I am theoretically a CA app but I have extreme strong ties and was also considered a ny resident for some of the public schools as I had spent the 18/23 of life in NY and they based it off my high school and years spent there. But the fact is I had many people who saw my application even those who were in high up positions at top schools who were puzzled as to why I didn’t succeed more. It honestly is just a random process and honestly just a game. You just need to learn how to play the game and not let it play you
The truth is that medical school is highly competitive, with MANY qualified applicants. When so many people are top dog in one pool, not everyone gets selected, even if they are an amazing applicant. That's just the high caliber of med school. Regardless, it's awesome you got in somewhere