Nov 26, 2018
Hi all, I am a reapplicant from last cycle, I have a 3.91 GPA 3.94 sGPA from a top ten public school, 515 MCAT, I have over 5000 hours of Research experience, currently working in a translational research lab at UCSF in the department of surgery, have around 700 total clinical hours including medical assistant and shadowing, created an organization dedicated providing clothing to homeless people outside of a train station in SF and confounded a startup online athletic clothing business this past year. I applied to a total of 60 schools this year which around 35-40 are new schools, I submitted the first day apps verified. I am starting to worry as I only received one interview thus far and wonder if I should start panicking. Thanks !

OP
O
Nov 26, 2018
California with strong ties to New York grew up there and went to school for 18 years there, but went to college in Cali and currently living in Cali

Schools

Uc davis
UCSF
Uc Irvine
Ucla
Stanford
UCSD
Nyu
Mt Sinai
Buffalo
Upstate- interview
Rochester
Stonybrook
Albany
Drexel
Penn state
Miami
Central michigan
Michigan
Wake Forest
Louisville
Rush
Loyola
Rose land franklin
St. Louis Missouri
Creighton
Cooper
Hackensack
Virginia
West Virginia- interview waitlist
Iowa
Emory
Northeast Ohio-Father did residency there
Case wes
Ohio state
Thomas Jefferson
Albert Einstein
Ivy leagues
Vermont
Geisenger
Wisconsin
Wayne st
Hofstra

Prob 2-5 more

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
You should receive several interviews from the list of schools you applied to.

MedSchoolTutors

Top USMLE & COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Gold Donor
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field], Attending Physician
With your stats, you should be competitive at most schools so you should expect at least a few interviews. Is there any other reason you believe you were unsuccessful last cycle? Did you only apply to a few schools, and did you get any interviews at them?

OP
O
Nov 26, 2018
With your stats, you should be competitive at most schools so you should expect at least a few interviews. Is there any other reason you believe you were unsuccessful last cycle? Did you only apply to a few schools, and did you get any interviews at them?
No invites last cycle, mainly applied to top heavy schools, top 25

Jul 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
So whats the deal? Any updates for us? Have you received more IIs? Asking cause I have to reapply next year and I am trying to feel out how hard it is to apply as a reapplicant.

OP
O
Nov 26, 2018
No just had the one interview I attended,