reapplicant stigma?

Started by DO dreamin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DO dreamin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I'm finished with my degree and my pre-reqs and will be taking the mcats in january. I plan to apply in June 08 but thought what the hell, i might as well apply to the few schools with an April deadline. I realize that getting in so late in this cycle is very slim but i figure its worth a shot.

I have a 3.4 gpa and 3.5 science (3.7 bcmp) ?mcat >24

My question is this- if i do this will it hurt my chances for 08? Are reapplicants generally looked upon as bad (regected from previous) or good (dedicated)

TYIA
 
It depends on the school. Those few that you're tossing in applications to for this season, call them and ask them. If they do treat reapplicants differently, then maybe hold off for next time.