Reapplicant: What to ask admission office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drhigh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a phone appointment with a staff from the admission office in a few days. I recently applied this cycle but did not get accepted anywhere. I was wondering what are good questions to ask to better improve my next application this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

I would first review your application as if you were part of an admissions committee. If you analyze closely enough, you could probably find potential areas that you could have improved. Or during interviews, you probably remember several moments where you could have done differently.

With these things in mind, I would first ask openly, "In your opinion, what would you recommend for me to do differently or to improve?" Listen to what they have to say. The first thing you need to figure out is whether the potential problems lie on your interviews or applications or both. And then go from there.

What were any mistakes you made? Weak points in your application? Suggestions for how to improve? What good things stood out?

"I would greatly appreciate your feedback on my app"

"What was lacking in my app?"

"What would make me more competitive at your school?"

I have a phone appointment with a staff from the admission office in a few days. I recently applied this cycle but did not get accepted anywhere. I was wondering what are good questions to ask to better improve my next application this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user