reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pienfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what the chances are of being admitted as a reapplicant? assuming that you improved on the OATs and retook classes you did bad in as well as took additional upper div bio classes and did well in them? would that almost guarantee a spot somewhere? if you have personal experience with this please share : )

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know what the chances are of being admitted as a reapplicant? assuming that you improved on the OATs and retook classes you did bad in as well as took additional upper div bio classes and did well in them? would that almost guarantee a spot somewhere? if you have personal experience with this please share : )

there's no real formula to determine whether you would get in the second time. if you've improved tremendously, like you've stated, then your chances of getting in is better than most first time applicants. schools don't necessarily look down on you because you failed the first time.

i was pretty much told that if i do well in my classes, get more experience in the field, and apply early..i shouldnt have trouble getting in. i did all that, and was put on hold..so i dont know what theyre looking for really. pretty disappointed :(