Quantcast

Reapplication Timeline? Currently waitlisted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desidoc7

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello! First-time reapplicant here, last cycle I applied to 30+ MD schools, no DO programs (naive I know), received 1 II, and 1 WL. I applied with a low tier MCAT for MD programs (504-507 range) and competitive GPA (cGPA 3.8+/sGPA 3.6+). Currently studying for a mid-July MCAT retake. I already submitted my DO application for verification to one school and I plan to add additional schools closer to June 15 since I'm fairly competitive for DO. I plan on submitting my primary for MD programs on 5/30 with substantial additions/changes to one school. My question is: When should I add additional schools for MD Programs? Given the WL and also a late MCAT score release I am not sure if it is better for me to add additional schools as soon as I am processed through AMCAS which would be early June, or to wait until I get my new (hopefully much more competitive) score? I am mostly confused considering if my application will be considered complete and entirely evaluated before my second score even comes in. Any advice from adcoms would be appreciated!

desidoc7

Reaction score
Where is your state of residence ? Where are you on the wait list ?
FL, its an unranked waitlisted at an In State School (historically accepts ~25 on waitlist on average and has over 200 WL spots)

Last edited:

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You could submit to one AMCAS school next week but wait until you receive your new MCAT score in August before adding others. As you already know, you are not competitive for MD schools based on your last cycle, due to your low MCAT. Post your new score here when available. you are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 8.

desidoc7

Reaction score
You could submit to one AMCAS school next week but wait until you receive your new MCAT score in August before adding others. As you already know, you are not competitive for MD schools based on your last cycle, due to your low MCAT. Post your new score here when available. you are competitive for all DO schools so apply to at least 8.
Thank you, appreciate the advice, and will definitely add my new score here! Would this make me a late applicant to MD programs if I submit after I get my score, and if my score is competitive enough do you think this will resolve that issue?
Also if you have any DO programs you highly recommend I would appreciate it!

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suggest these DO schools:
MU-COM
AZCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
Adding MD schools in mid August when your new MCAT score is available is not late.

Reactions: 1 user

desidoc7

Reaction score
I suggest these DO schools:
MU-COM
AZCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
CUSOM
Adding MD schools in mid August when your new MCAT score is available is not late.

Got my score back and 509 (up from a 505) and have already received a II from KCU. Applying to FL MD schools and 8-9 DO schools. Any suggestions of what MD programs to add?

Faha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You could receive interviews at any of these OOS schools with your stats:
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Albany
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson