Reapplying, advice for year off?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wizards323

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! Unfortunately I did not match this year for neurology. If I don't end up getting a spot for prelim/neuro in the scramble, I will be reapplying next cycle. Does anyone have any advice how I could improve my application for next time? I am an osteopathic student and I didn't have my usmle's available for this cycle which I will have next cycle. Also considering research but I've read that being in publication is very important. If there is any other additional activities I should pursue, I would greatly appreciate the info! Thanks!
 
Im sure you want advice from people above you, but I would imagine applying with USMLE will make the biggest difference.