Reapplying - do I need to redo my references?

Started by zuc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

zuc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I am reapplying this year. I had everything finished and applied to schools in 2015. I decided to take a break instead and try again the next year. When I renewed my PTCAS account today, my references are gone. Do I need to ask the physical therapists to write a whole new one again??

Edit: nevermind. found this:

"The following items are not pulled forward by PTCAS from the previous cycle:

  • References*
  • PT Observation Hours and Verification Forms
  • Essays
  • Payments
  • PT Program Designations
  • Responses to Custom Questions for PT Programs
*If required by the designated PT programs, re-applicants are encouraged to submit new references to demonstrate what steps they have taken to improve their application since they last applied."
 
Agree with what you found. I made sure to have my references specifically address all my hard work in reapplying and how I continued to be committed to the career.
 
Yes, you need to have them fill it out again. Many schools will also request or at least suggest that you get one new reference (someone you didn't have last year).