Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Reapplying for pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by ash21, May 2, 2004.

1. ash21

ash21 Junior Member

Hey guys, I kind of need some input. One of my good buddies wasn't admitted to a pharmacy school during this year's application cycle. She definitely wants to apply again for Fall 2005 but is going to take additional classes in the meantime. She wants to know if she should retake classes where she didn't do too well in, like g-chem, or take more upper division bio classes. She desperately needs help! Thanks everyone! :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Caverject

Caverject Try Some Schnitzel!
    10+ Year Member

It all depends...if you friend has only had like 3 C's over the academic career, I would say to move on to bigger and better things like a bio degree or chem degree. Replacing grades isin't the best course of action sometimes, and working on a BA in most cases are better. I hope this helps!

4. ash21

ash21 Junior Member

She will actually receive her BS in Bio this June. From what I gather, I think she got more than 3 C's in her science classes. I think she either wants to take the classes at a j.c. or at a state university as a post-bac. Sorry, I should have clarified. :D

5. minoos

minoos Member
    10+ Year Member

may I ask which schools your friend applied to or heard from?

6. ash21

ash21 Junior Member

I'm not sure of all the schools that she's applied to but here's the ones that I do know: USC, UCSF, UCSD, UT-Austin, Texas Tech, University of Colorado, UIC, Purdue, Western U., and University of Oklahoma. She told me she's still waiting to hear back from Midwestern-CPG and University of Florida but since it's so late in the year, she's not very optimistic. I'm trying to keep her hopes up by telling her that she's going to get in and that it's just a matter of time. Maybe some Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia will take her mind off of it! :)

7. curious_georgie

curious_georgie Monkeys!!!
    7+ Year Member

I confess. I was a casualty of rejection last year ^^;

If grades are an issue, then definitely retake some classes.

In addition, I also recommend getting EXPERIENCE!!!

Seriously, to me, experience is VERY important. It doesn't have to be much--just enough that you can talk about it ^^

Good luck!