Reapplying... need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsp1209

Reaction score
So I have only applied to Texas school this cycle and was put on a waitlist at TCOM... I don't think I will have any luck with the waitlist anymore, so I am working on my application to apply out of state, but I heard Texas residents are not successful in applying to OOS. So I am wondering if I should just go ahead and get my application together and reapply to TMDSAS again right away as well... here is a little about me

ORM, cGPA 3.86 and sGPA 3.79. Took MCAT three times: 498(08/2018), 502(07/2019) and 507 (08/2019)

I do have somewhat okay EC (willing to provide more detail if needed- but probably lacking research since I only have one semester worth of 150hrs), and if I do apply this cycle again, the change that I have from the previous application will be 1500 hours of working as a medical assistant, 280 hours of volunteering to tutor students who recently moved from another country, and more hours in private tutoring.

I will also make adjustments from the previous application as I did not calculate times correctly and missed out on some activities, but would that cause a red flag on my application? (since it is different from last years)

If I were to wait another year to apply to Texas, the only difference would be a slight increase in GPA (like 0.01 I think), more hours in everything, but I'm not sure if there would be much more improvement. I feel like I have maxed out my MCAT as well.... so I wasn't fully sure about MCAT retake

I am currently getting my AMCAS and AACOMAS application together and was wondering what would be the best idea. Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to all your Texas TMDSAS schools. Also apply broadly to DO schools and I suggest these:
UIWSOM
OSU-COM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
PCOM
Touro-NY