Reapplying this cycle. :( Chances? And would anyone be willing to read my PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chanieish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a repost. I did't get much activity when I posted on the Reapplicants forum. I hope it is okay if I repost this here.

Hi,

1 interview and 0 acceptances, still on waitlist but it's already May. My first and only interview was MMI XD

CA resident, grew up in a foreign country, but born and educated in CA.
Undergrad: UC Berkeley MCB-Neuro
cGPA: 3.73
sGPA: 3.75
Upward trend. 4.0 in junior and senior years
Graduated with honors
MCAT: 35

EC's
-3 semesters of undergrad lab
-Honors Thesis
-Poster presentation
-Bio lab TA
-Orthopedic physician shadowing (Asia) 2 months
-Rotation in orthopedics department in public hospital (Asia) 2 months
-Founded and run an annual fundraiser/charity for patients who cannot afford treatment 3 years going strong <3
-ER volunteer 150 hours
-Neurosurgery shadowing 6 months (Asia)
-Pituitary adenoma research 6 months
-General volunteering in a foundation
-Exec board in school club
-Golf

5 Good/Great recommendation letters

Even though all my volunteering is in Asia, the deans I talked to loved the international experience.

I think my PS is good. If anyone would be willing to critique it I would be very, very thankful!

What are my chances at a UC? Didn't do so well last cycle. Planning to submit my primary in June (Unlike August of last year :|)

Members don't see this ad.

Probably the biggest problem of your cycle from last year is submitting the PRIMARY so late. Also, if you only applied to only UCs that's another big problem. They are known for being super selective so despite your relatively good stats, it's still difficult. I'm willing to look over your PS but I have one other one that I need to go over beforehand. I may not be able to get a review to you before June 1st but I'll try my best. PM me if you're still interested.

Hello Chanieish!
I'm wiling to critique your PS! I can relate to your situation well, but keep trying and stay positive! PM me :)

Definitely did NOT apply to only UC's. Haha. That would be horrible. :| Applied to instate and out of state. :) Hopefully it is only the timeline, as that is something I can fix.

And thanks baburf! I really appreciate it!. :D I'll make a few tweaks and send it over! :]