Reapplying to different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centralline

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will schools be suspicious if I apply to their school next year, but didn't this year? Will I have to answer all kinds of questions about why didn't you apply here last year and do you really want to go here?

Members don't see this ad.

centralline said:
Will schools be suspicious if I apply to their school next year, but didn't this year? Will I have to answer all kinds of questions about why didn't you apply here last year and do you really want to go here?

they'll probably ask you why you didn't apply there the first time around. just have a good answer prepared

I dont think they'll even know if you applied for the cycle before. I don't think the places I interviewed this year had any idea that I applied last year, unless I specifically applied there last year. No school mentioned it at all. Hope this helps.

Jim

centralline said:
Nope, they don't know that you applied previously unless you were matriculated by a medical school. I know of colleges that keep applications from the prior year. I think the AMCAS asks if you have applied to that school previously too. Adcoms can see that.