Reapplying to schools where I've withdrawn secondary applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeymaniac

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After receiving a disappointing test score, I've decided to withdraw from the schools that I submitted my primary to. I have not submitted any secondary application though, and I notified the schools of my decision. If I were to reapply to those schools next year, would I be at a disadvantage compared to other "new" applicants? I'll of course, in my primary application, explain reasons for why I had withdrawn from the schools. I'm kind of worried to death thinking that all the efforts that I will put on until next application cycle would go in vain.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After receiving a disappointing test score, I've decided to withdraw from the schools that I submitted my primary to. I have not submitted any secondary application though, and I notified the schools of my decision.

If I were to reapply to those schools next year, would I be at a disadvantage compared to other "new" applicants? I'll of course, in my primary application, explain reasons for why I had withdrawn from the schools. I'm kind of worried to death thinking that all the efforts that I will put on until next application cycle would go in vain.

If you really want to go to these schools, contact them individually and explain the situation. Every school has an admissions counselor that can advise you on what the appropriate actions are considering your circumstance.

I don't think this will be a big deal. However, for future reference when submitting your AMCAS/AACOMAS application, I would only submit to one school to get it processed and then wait for test scores to come out before adding more schools. This minimizes the need to have to go through something like this down the road.

Good Luck :thumbup: