Rearview Mirror: At this point we can't even see the other forums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Dukes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
EF isn't allowed to complain about the name...

Members don't see this ad.

now i can play here and aim for a top 3 finish

Members don't see this ad :)
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,026
Member Name Posts
EM2BE 293
sleepymed 187
Hard24Get 154
EctopicFetus 128
Dr. Dukes 106
SoCuteMD 62
roja 32
WallowaWanderer 31
Dr.McNinja 8
Toohotinvegas33 7
hyperbaric 4
ccfccp 4
EvoDevo 3
theCamel 2
Dr. Will 2
iatrosB 2
wistarrat 1
Show Thread & Close Window

4th..

Sleepy and h24g have slowed down since they aren't on their off month any more.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,026
Member Name Posts
EM2BE 293
sleepymed 187
Hard24Get 154
EctopicFetus 128
Dr. Dukes 106

SoCuteMD 62
roja 32
WallowaWanderer 31
Dr.McNinja 8
Toohotinvegas33 7
hyperbaric 4
ccfccp 4
EvoDevo 3
theCamel 2
Dr. Will 2
iatrosB 2
wistarrat 1
Show Thread & Close Window

4th..

Scooped at the last minute...

right.. i have a few days left in me.. plus i have to do my taxes soon..

I sympathize, my fiance is two years ahead (3rd year) so I'm applying near where she gets in (and she's applying near where I'm in school...)

pretty much the way it works..hopefully he likes his options in the area.

i wonder how good our new class is.. I have heard we had great applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
em2be what is your fiance gonna do? what part of the country are u in?

right now I'm midwest and he's northeast. not fun at all. hopefully we'll both be northeast (I'll be out there next year for rotations)

i wonder how good our new class is.. I have heard we had great applicants.

Do you get to be part of the process, I think that would be great experience for those headed to academics and might actually make me apply to a program if the residents got a say (not sure why, but I like the idea).

right now I'm midwest and he's northeast. not fun at all. hopefully we'll both be northeast (I'll be out there next year for rotations)

anymore details? Specialties etc?

:laugh: ...he needs to find my spare time...hahahaha...ok, maybe I shouldn't have this much time.

Actually, the fiance is pissed I spend so much time on here, so I try and keep my posts down during the day, and post in (huge) spurts at night...

Do you get to be part of the process, I think that would be great experience for those headed to academics and might actually make me apply to a program if the residents got a say (not sure why, but I like the idea).

We have some say as interns, juniors, and seniors, the chiefs get to sit in on the process. Should be interesting next yr

anymore details? Specialties etc?

he wants to do anesthesia, and I of course want to do EM...at least that's what our plans are for right now. Around the Philly area

We have some say as interns, juniors, and seniors, the chiefs get to sit in on the process. Should be interesting next yr

Cool, I think PDs trusting residents to make decisions/be in the room speaks volumes for the programs...

he wants to do anesthesia, and I of course want to do EM...at least that's what our plans are for right now. Around the Philly area

I went to college in philly.. nice city

Actually, the fiance is pissed I spend so much time on here, so I try and keep my posts down during the day, and post in (huge) spurts at night...

:laugh: Another advantage/disadvantage of living this far away

Phili is almost as good a city as New York...almost, but not!

Cool, I think PDs trusting residents to make decisions/be in the room speaks volumes for the programs...

Truth is it effects the residents more than anyone else. having a class of dumb interns is gonna make everyone else suffer. luckily thats not an issue here.

:laugh: Another advantage/disadvantage of living this far away

Well, she isn't here (1 hour away), but she still knows if/when I'm killing way more hours they I should be here...

I keep hearing Philly is great, but I actually haven't seen that side of it. Of course, the bf and I are both broke and he lives in a not-so-nice neighborhood, so all we've seen is the bad parts.

Well, she isn't here (1 hour away), but she still knows if/when I'm killing way more hours they I should be here...

She know your name on here? And where you post?

I lived in both.. hard to compare.

No, but being a born and raised New Yorker, I wouldn't even being to compare. To quote John Updike: The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.

She know your name on here? And where you post?

Name, yes. When I post, no, she doesn't check it that much, but she knows, generally, when I've been messing around.

Name, yes. When I post, no, she doesn't check it that much, but she knows, generally, when I've been messing around.

haha...the bf messes around as much as I do, but on the presidential campaign updates, so if he ever gives me a hard time, I give him a hard time back

well im gonna sign off for the night..

My dorm just got buzzed by the death moth...

why not.. if it all made sense i think they wouldnt allow me to post on here

Just checking, I'm feeling kinda out of it (long day) and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something of the utmost importance...

yummm cinammon toast!! All things that are bad for you rolled up into one juicy (or in my case two juicy) slice!

strong work with the other thread!!!! wow, totally brought the house down :) i'm glad to see that i was till second :D

right.. i have a few days left in me.. plus i have to do my taxes soon..

Me too. Just found out today that I'm not eligible for the "lifetime learning credit" since my school gave me more than 20K in scholarships after I graduated. That scholarship essentially cancels out what I paid for tuition during 2007. I'm now out 2K on my tax return that I've been dreaming about all year. But on the bright side, 20K less I have to pay in 3.5 years.