Rec Letters -- 2 different from each writer?

Started by lundysd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lundysd

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be applying to MSTPs within the next month and I have a question regarding rec letters; did most people have their writers address one letter to the MD and a DIFFERENT letter to the PhD committee members? I'm trying to see if I need 2 letters per reference or just 1 combined letter (I have 5 writers at the moment, all able to comment on research as well as clinic)
 
I think that most places just need one letter and they share it with the different committees. From my apps, I think only UCSD asked for separare letters for the MD and the PhD.