Rec letters and Dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

StrawHatDMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I hope you all are doing well. I have three questions regarding rec letters for dental schools.

1. Will dental schools accept committee and rec letters that were previously for med school?
2. Can I use Interfolio to send rec letters?
3. Are the requirements pretty much the same as medical school?
 
1. Medicine and dentistry are different, your letters should say why you are a good candidate for a dentist, not a physician. You have to ask your professors to write another letter recommending you to be a dental student.
3. Yes
 
I had a lor from a professor that wrote them often for nursing students. Apparently when he wrote mine, he mentioned nursing a couple times by mistake. I had an interviewing session question me about it and I had to let them know I was serious about dentistry and never wanted to go into nursing. They believed me, but I was still embarrassed about the error. Get new ones.