Reccomendation for Medical Terminology Online Certification for DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT1194

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently in the process of applying to DPT programs and one of the schools I am applying to has Medical Terminology as one of their prerequisites. I never took it in school but they do take a certification for it as well. I originally thought I was able to apply for the program without it, as long as I had the certification before entering the program (assuming I get accepted). But now I discovered that I need to have my certification in order for admissions to even consider me.

I'm wondering if anyone has received a Medical Terminology certification online, and if so which course you recommend? The deadline for this specific program is October 1st so I am on a time crunch to figure this out.

Members don't see this ad.

I took Medical Terminology on Straighterline. I really like Straighterline's interface - they make the classes very straightforward and user friendly. You should double check with your school first though to see if they would count Straighterline credit for that particular course

Members don't see this ad :)
I took Medical Terminology on Straighterline. I really like Straighterline's interface - they make the classes very straightforward and user friendly. You should double check with your school first though to see if they would count Straighterline credit for that particular course
Thank you!

Did you guys find that majority of the programs being fine with online certifications for this medical terminology course?
Seems like BYU independent study is a popular choice