Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone! I am currently in the process of applying to DPT programs and one of the schools I am applying to has Medical Terminology as one of their prerequisites. I never took it in school but they do take a certification for it as well. I originally thought I was able to apply for the program without it, as long as I had the certification before entering the program (assuming I get accepted). But now I discovered that I need to have my certification in order for admissions to even consider me.

I'm wondering if anyone has received a Medical Terminology certification online, and if so which course you recommend? The deadline for this specific program is October 1st so I am on a time crunch to figure this out.

AristotleDPT

2+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2018
I took Medical Terminology on Straighterline. I really like Straighterline's interface - they make the classes very straightforward and user friendly. You should double check with your school first though to see if they would count Straighterline credit for that particular course

About the Ads
Feb 14, 2018
I took Medical Terminology on Straighterline. I really like Straighterline's interface - they make the classes very straightforward and user friendly. You should double check with your school first though to see if they would count Straighterline credit for that particular course
Thank you!

Sep 25, 2018
Did you guys find that majority of the programs being fine with online certifications for this medical terminology course?
Seems like BYU independent study is a popular choice

About the Ads
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.