Received a letter from NECO today

Started by optowoman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

optowoman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a letter from Neco saying that they will re-consider your application at the end of the current admissions cycle? Does this mean that I've been pre-rejected and they will let me know for sure sometime later? Has anyone been rejected from Neco? Thanks for your response in advance.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think it means they filled up their currrent spots for interviews, so they're waiting for the next reviewing process. That way, they're not too backed up with interviewees?

I got an interview call just last week, even though i turned in my completed app. in mid-november. So...it's a possibility that that's the case?

My stats suck, so I'm pretty sure its not a rejection, since I didnt get rejected yet, haha.
 
Hey longlashes, I applied late December. My GPA is 3.3 overall and in Science. I will be retaking the OAT in less than 2 weeks. My first round I got AA 300 and TS 310.
 
i just got invited for an interview at NECO. I'm from Canada, my stats are ~3.3. TS 350 AA 330
 
I called them a week ago and they said the same thing to me, except over the phone. I thought they weren't going to review my file until March. She said something about the admissions committee not coming to a consensus regarding my application and that it would be held until the final review in May or something. Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

I'm worried that this might be a "prejection." I can't decide what classes to take next quarter because if I end up not getting into any of the three schools I applied to (looking more and more likely), I will probably have to take more classes (bad grades be the culprits). In THAT case, I'll just do a double major in bio (5 extra classes). The problem is, I need to know now so I can plan my schedule for it and cancel my graduation. I'd hate to graduate and then have to pay MORE for classes (through extension) and NOT get an extra degree.

ps. my gpa is far below average. Anyone else in a similar situation?
</rant>


-Jeff
 
hey icu,
i was saying that to see if i'll know anyone else that might be there. i wasnt trying to sound arrogant. i'm the last person that should think so
 
i have one this friday (march 2nd)...see you there!