Received a letter from NECO today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optowoman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone received a letter from Neco saying that they will re-consider your application at the end of the current admissions cycle? Does this mean that I've been pre-rejected and they will let me know for sure sometime later? Has anyone been rejected from Neco? Thanks for your response in advance.
 

eyecare4eyecare

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
I think it means they filled up their currrent spots for interviews, so they're waiting for the next reviewing process. That way, they're not too backed up with interviewees?

I got an interview call just last week, even though i turned in my completed app. in mid-november. So...it's a possibility that that's the case?

My stats suck, so I'm pretty sure its not a rejection, since I didnt get rejected yet, haha.
 

optowoman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hey longlashes, I applied late December. My GPA is 3.3 overall and in Science. I will be retaking the OAT in less than 2 weeks. My first round I got AA 300 and TS 310.
 

chrissystar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
i just got invited for an interview at NECO. I'm from Canada, my stats are ~3.3. TS 350 AA 330
 

JeffChou

Your mom goes to college
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
I called them a week ago and they said the same thing to me, except over the phone. I thought they weren't going to review my file until March. She said something about the admissions committee not coming to a consensus regarding my application and that it would be held until the final review in May or something. Haven't gotten anything in the mail yet.

I'm worried that this might be a "prejection." I can't decide what classes to take next quarter because if I end up not getting into any of the three schools I applied to (looking more and more likely), I will probably have to take more classes (bad grades be the culprits). In THAT case, I'll just do a double major in bio (5 extra classes). The problem is, I need to know now so I can plan my schedule for it and cancel my graduation. I'd hate to graduate and then have to pay MORE for classes (through extension) and NOT get an extra degree.

ps. my gpa is far below average. Anyone else in a similar situation?
</rant>


-Jeff
 

joshkim

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
anyone have an interview there this friday?
i do
 

ICU23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2007
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
joshkim, are you stupid or just insensitive?
 

joshkim

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2007
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
hey icu,
i was saying that to see if i'll know anyone else that might be there. i wasnt trying to sound arrogant. i'm the last person that should think so
 

a1bui

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
i have one this friday (march 2nd)...see you there!
 

chrissystar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
is anyone going to NECO march 19th for an interview?
 
Top