Received an Infraction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pennstate4life

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys do you think it was just that I received an infarction for this comment? I was just trying to bring some color into the conversation. :(
Quote:
You know if you go to DO school twice you will become a DODO bird.

Members don't see this ad.

Generally it's not a good idea to make threads about SDN disciplinary actions. If you have a problem with something a mod did, it's best to PM them about it. If that doesn't resolve it, follow their chain of command. Honestly, though, infractions aren't that big of a deal. It'll "expire" soon enough. Best to just let it go.

who cares? i'm sure you posting this isn't helping your cause.

Members don't see this ad :)
probably got reported by an insecure DO/pre-DO student

The idea that someone reported you for the joke is funnier than the joke itself lol...

I've been seeing alot of your posts that are totally off topic, people might have thought you were trolling.

EN

Generally it's not a good idea to make threads about SDN disciplinary actions. If you have a problem with something a mod did, it's best to PM them about it. If that doesn't resolve it, follow their chain of command. Honestly, though, infractions aren't that big of a deal. It'll "expire" soon enough. Best to just let it go.

:thumbup:

Go back and read your past posts. There is your answer.

Guys do you think it was just that I received an infarction for this comment? I was just trying to bring some color into the conversation. :(
Quote:

You know, I am one of the most hated people on this site, and I have been harassed so bad to the limit that I almost ...........
Yet, I am one the most loved students in my class, at work and socially. The problem is that people who read these posts do not really know the true you. Sometimes you really mean well and have good intentions, or you might be joking, and they take it so seriously and totally misunderstand you. (boy especially if English is not your first language!!). Some of the people who report you and harass you, are probably the biggest losers in real life, and have the biggest mouths. Some people take their side because these big mouths a) twist the truth, b) lie and follow each others like dogs to support the lies. Yet, others do not know who they are dealing with, and follow them!
I hope you understood what I am saying. Just like what the wise people said let it go. I know you are arguing based on the PRINCIPLE of things not being fair. But on this site NOTHING IS FAIR, (life is not fair as you know) and I have been treated here 99% of the time unfairly. So just let it go.

And here I was expecting another thread equal to the great Bannie meltdown of 2010. I am disappointed. :(

You know, I am one of the most hated people on this site, and I have been harassed so bad to the limit that I almost ...........
Yet, I am one the most loved students in my class, at work and socially. The problem is that people who read these posts do not really know the true you. Sometimes you really mean well and have good intentions, or you might be joking, and they take it so seriously and totally misunderstand you. (boy especially if English is not your first language!!). Some of the people who report you and harass you, are probably the biggest losers in real life, and have the biggest mouths. Some people take their side because these big mouths a) twist the truth, b) lie and follow each others like dogs to support the lies. Yet, others do not know who they are dealing with, and follow them!
I hope you understood what I am saying. Just like what the wise people said let it go. I know you are arguing based on the PRINCIPLE of things not being fair. But on this site NOTHING IS FAIR, (life is not fair as you know) and I have been treated here 99% of the time unfairly. So just let it go.

Sometimes people show their "true" selves on the internet, where they are protected from other people's judgements under a guise of anonymity. Perhaps if you think you are being treated unfairly "99%" of the time, you may wish you evaluate the way in which you express your opinions and realize that it may offend others or annoy others. You can easily get your points across without being an annoying douche. Your outrageous, and frankly whiny, remarks about your mistreatment shows (at least to me) and underlying sense of insecurity which is probaby why people treat you "unfarily" in the first place.

Sometimes people show their "true" selves on the internet, where they are protected from other people's judgements under a guise of anonymity. Perhaps if you think you are being treated unfairly "99%" of the time, you may wish you evaluate the way in which you express your opinions and realize that it may offend others or annoy others. You can easily get your points across without being an annoying douche. Your outrageous, and frankly whiny, remarks about your mistreatment shows (at least to me) and underlying sense of insecurity which is probaby why people treat you "unfarily" in the first place.
campbells-thumb.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Quote:

I am pretty sure it has something to do with you posting nothing of any substance on this forum outside of your dumb "witty" comments. :thumbup:

You write rude and discouraging stuff with virtually every post. You add NO value to any thread you post in.

And people often thought of Dodos as being stupid. You know that, though. It was just another in the long line of useless/rude comments.

OP, might as well write a letter to the mods and ask them to delete your profile and permanently ban your IP address from the site

Why are you ganging up on me? Witty remarks are all I have. :( I am learning about the application process as I go along here. And DODO bird jokes are actually my forte! This makes me sad...

Why are you ganging up on me? Witty remarks are all I have. :( I am learning about the application process as I go along here. And DODO bird jokes are actually my forte! This makes me sad...
give it up and go back to lurking.

If you want further clarification on why you received the infraction you should PM one of the mods. Since it wasn't a horribly inappropriate comment (and from your post history) I'm guess it was just the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.

If you want further clarification on why you received the infraction you should PM one of the mods. Since it wasn't a horribly inappropriate comment (and from your post history) I'm guess it was just the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back.
Agreed. It's probably the pattern of less thank on point posts that may have worked against you. That being said, I've seen much more inflammatory remarks go unpunished than if you were indeed punished for the quote above. :shrug:

Man...an INFARCTION is a pretty rough punishment for some inappropriate posts!

you should be, if this is what passes as a witty remark to you... and especially if it's all you have.

Agreed. It's probably the pattern of less thank on point posts that may have worked against you. That being said, I've seen much more inflammatory remarks go unpunished than if you were indeed punished for the quote above. :shrug:

ferreal. i'm the author of at least 200 such comments :laugh:

Man...an INFARCTION is a pretty rough punishment for some inappropriate posts!

SDN is realllllly serious business

For a small fee of $150,000 (deposited in my paypal) I can wipe the slate clean.

For a small fee of $150,000 (deposited in my paypal) I can wipe the slate clean.

Since we're making bids, for a mere $75k, I will not only wipe your slate clean at 50% off the previous bid but also, for an additional $35k up front and monthly installments of $5k (indefinitely), I will insure you never receive another infraction*.

* Preventing infarctions as well will require an additional $10k/mo deposit with the same terms as above plus a $50k down payment.

You know, you have some very kind people here that gave you great advice, so listen to them:

Electronegative I've been seeing alot of your posts that are totally off topic, people might have thought you were trolling.
EN

jvesco22 probably got reported by an insecure DO/pre-DO student

The idea that someone reported you for the joke is funnier than the joke itself lol...

cliffhuxtableDO who cares? i'm sure you posting this isn't helping your cause.

apumic Generally it's not a good idea to make threads about SDN disciplinary actions. If you have a problem with something a mod did, it's best to PM them about it. If that doesn't resolve it, follow their chain of command. Honestly, though, infractions aren't that big of a deal. It'll "expire" soon enough. Best to just let it go.
My personal opinion: Some people you listen to them and respect them.
Some, you to laugh with them. Some, you need to ignore them and ignore their advice. This is actually a representation of a small society. Don't get upset.
My opinion is like apumic:
I will send a private message to the person that gave you the infraction. I will be very respectful (even if I do not like the person) but respect his position. Anyways, if you disagree you either let it go (lots of people do not agree on the same thing. Or, you take it to his supervisor.
Good Luck :luck::luck:

You know, you have some very kind people here that gave you great advice, so listen to them:

Electronegative I've been seeing alot of your posts that are totally off topic, people might have thought you were trolling.
EN

jvesco22 probably got reported by an insecure DO/pre-DO student

cliffhuxtableDO who cares? i'm sure you posting this isn't helping your cause.

apumic Generally it's not a good idea to make threads about SDN disciplinary actions. If you have a problem with something a mod did, it's best to PM them about it. If that doesn't resolve it, follow their chain of command. Honestly, though, infractions aren't that big of a deal. It'll "expire" soon enough. Best to just let it go.
My personal opinion: Some people you listen to them and respect them.
Some, you to laugh with them. Some, you need to ignore them and ignore their advice. This is actually a representation of a small society. Don't get upset.
My opinion is like apumic:
I will send a private message to the person that gave you the infraction. I will be very respectful (even if I do not like the person) but respect his position. Anyways, if you disagree you either let it go (lots of people do not agree on the same thing. Or, you take it to his supervisor.
Good Luck :luck::luck:

Thanks everything said here just needs to be PC. I will tone down the DODO bird jokes a little bit. But just a bit :(

Thanks everything said here just needs to be PC. I will tone down the DODO bird jokes a little bit. But just a bit :(

I'm not sure if you're being sincere or not. Sorry if I called you a tool. But yah, try to be a little more chill.