Received another "apply to our school" letter

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MyEyesMesmerize, Aug 19, 2002.

1. MyEyesMesmerize

MyEyesMesmerize Senior Member

Today I received a letter from Emory requesting that I apply there. ITs the second one i got, dartmouth was the other. They got my info from amcas and my April MCAT. I really dont know what to think of this. My april mcat sucked so i retook it and i already applied to 21 schools and its been so expensive with these secondaries. So im not sure what to think. Is it just a ploy to get more money or what? I'm a URM and these letters have been targeting that fact. Has anyone else gotten such letters?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blkdawn

blkdawn Member

I received both of those letters too! (I'm also a URM) I'm sticking with my original list of schools. Like you, my April MCAT sucked so they're not soliciting me because I'm such a stellar candidate. I have a feeling - at least for me - that it would be a waste of money if I applied to Dartmouth, Emory or any of the schools using the minority applicant service.

4. Bikini Princess

i bet those schools (dartmouth, emory) are 'hard-up' for minorities.

5. LoveDoc

LoveDoc Respect the Rhesus Monkey

I took the April MCAT. I got the Emory letter. I went out on their website and saw the avg. GPA was 3.8...ok..a lil discouraging.

I am a URM also. Not sure how I'm supposed to be compete with a 3.8. I did contact them and tell them I'm looking for post-baccs...been out of school since 98.

If they want people to apply they need to post more promising stats.

I scored avg. on bio and phys sci...high on writing...low on verbal.