Received another "apply to our school" letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyEyesMesmerize

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I received a letter from Emory requesting that I apply there. ITs the second one i got, dartmouth was the other. They got my info from amcas and my April MCAT. I really dont know what to think of this. My april mcat sucked so i retook it and i already applied to 21 schools and its been so expensive with these secondaries. So im not sure what to think. Is it just a ploy to get more money or what? I'm a URM and these letters have been targeting that fact. Has anyone else gotten such letters?

Members don't see this ad.

I received both of those letters too! (I'm also a URM) I'm sticking with my original list of schools. Like you, my April MCAT sucked so they're not soliciting me because I'm such a stellar candidate. I have a feeling - at least for me - that it would be a waste of money if I applied to Dartmouth, Emory or any of the schools using the minority applicant service.

i bet those schools (dartmouth, emory) are 'hard-up' for minorities.

I took the April MCAT. I got the Emory letter. I went out on their website and saw the avg. GPA was 3.8...ok..a lil discouraging.

I am a URM also. Not sure how I'm supposed to be compete with a 3.8. I did contact them and tell them I'm looking for post-baccs...been out of school since 98.

If they want people to apply they need to post more promising stats.

I scored avg. on bio and phys sci...high on writing...low on verbal.