Position Available Received multiple fellowship offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rita1990

Reaction score
Hi,

I received multiple radiology fellowship offers in United states for the year 2021

Since it's too early for me to decide eventually which one to take can I say yes to all of them and then later decide as the date approaches near ,say Jan 2021.

Is it unethical or illegal to say yes to multiple PDs and get them to work on my licensure and visa and then pick one and reject the rest
Will I be disqualified ? by ecfmg,eras, amc etc.

The reason I am forced to do this is because there is no single match day in fellowships and I don't want to loose the ones I got till I get a better university maybe later .

I have no other intention ,but since different universities hold interviews at different dates which can vary over months to a year , i cant say no now in hope of other.

I won't be in trouble if I date multiple programs now ;-)

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is unethical to have multiple programs work on visa applications for you - especially since there is a financial cost and time cost on their end.

What you are describing is unethical. What is going to change between now and 2021? Pick the program you like the best and decline the rest.

If you think you might get another better offer later, then decline all of them and hope for the best. Missing out on a possibly "better" offer later is the opportunity cost of locking in a spot now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

This is worth a watch

Reactions: 1 users
Research all and pick one... radiology fellowship training is almost the same everywhere..
don’t be that person that doesn’t end up in any fellowship because they were waiting for one program that didn’t show up