"Received/Under Review"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UKalum

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For what length of time should this be my status for a school before I just accept that I'm not getting an interview? I have already interviewed at the University of Louisville and am anxiously awaiting contact from the University of Kentucky but am losing hope.

They request that all applications be turned in by October 1st. My application to UK was complete on 7/31. Should I officially be worried or is it normal for a status to be "Received/Under Review" for this amount of time?

Also, will they always notify an applicant of rejection or will they simply not contact them for an interview?

Any insight would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

For what length of time should this be my status for a school before I just accept that I'm not getting an interview? I have already interviewed at the University of Louisville and am anxiously awaiting contact from the University of Kentucky but am losing hope.

They request that all applications be turned in by October 1st. My application to UK was complete on 7/31. Should I officially be worried or is it normal for a status to be "Received/Under Review" for this amount of time?

Also, will they always notify an applicant of rejection or will they simply not contact them for an interview?

Any insight would be helpful.

The only way to get an answer that is specific to UK is to call them. In general I don't think there is a specific time limit...I was notified by all of the schools that rejected me.....but about 5 of them waited until June to do so.

Reactions: 1 user
For whatever reason, I just feel hesitant to call. I don't want to seem like I'm hassling them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any other "Under Review"s out there going crazy?

Don't be worried. Schools can update AADSAS or not. It's up to them. Also, @UKalum , you can always email instead of call so you can type out exactly what you want to say. I emailed a school. Felt less stressful than calling and possibly getting tongue-tied