Receiving GRE scores. (how long?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outofdaloop

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly ask about how long it usually takes to receive GRE scores after taking the exam. I'm thinking about pushing back my testing date, but would like to get some insight about how long it might take to receive the scores before doing so. I don't want to receive the scores AFTER a school's deadline is why. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, usually when you are finished with the exam, there is an option to have your scores sent up to 4 or 5 schools for free (I mean, you paid that much for the freaking test, I'd hope they'd be free!!!), so I would recommend doing that. Usually they say 2-5 weeks to get to your designated school, so I guess it depends on where you're sending them and how quickly your designated school processes it.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to quickly ask about how long it usually takes to receive GRE scores after taking the exam. I'm thinking about pushing back my testing date, but would like to get some insight about how long it might take to receive the scores before doing so. I don't want to receive the scores AFTER a school's deadline is why. I would greatly appreciate the help.
I believe it says about 15 days on the gre website.

Members don't see this ad :)